The boke of Exodus. The .xxxj. Chapter.
- And the Lorde spake vnto Moses saynge:
- beholde, I haue called by name, Bezaleel the sonne of Vrisone to Hur of the tribe of Juda.
- And I haue filled hi with the sprete of God, with wisdome, vnderstondinge ad knowlege: eue in all maner worke,
- to finde out sotle faytes, to worke in golde syluer ad brasse
- and with the crafte to graue stones, to set ad to carue in tibre ad to worke in all maner workmashipe.
- And beholde, I haue geue him to be his companion Ahaliab the sonne of Ahisamach of the tribe of Dan, and in the hertes of all that are wise harted I haue put wisdom to make all that I haue commaunded the:
- the tabernacle of witnesse, and the arcke of witnesse, and the mercyseate that is there vppon, all the ornamentes of the tabernacle,
- and the the table with his ordinaunce, ad the pure cadelsticke with al his apparell, ad the alter of incens,
- ad the alter of burntoffrynges with al his vessels, ad the lauer with his fote,
- ad the vestimetes to ministre in, ad the holye garmetes for Aaro the preast, ad the garmetes of his sonnes to ministre in,
- and the anoyntinge oyle and the swete cense for the sanctuarye: acordinge to al as I haue commaunded the shall they doo.
- And the Lorde spake vnto Moses sayng:
- speake uto the childern of Israel ad saye: i any wyse se that ye kepe my Sabbath, for it shalbe a sygne betwene me and you in youre generacions for to knowe, that I the Lorde doo sanctifie you.
- Kepe my Sabbath therfore, that it be an holye thynge vnto you. He that defileth it, shalbe slayne therfore. For whosoeuer worketh therein, the same soule shalbe roted out from amonge his people.
- Sixe dayes shall men worke, but the seuenth daye is the Sabbath of the holye reste of the Lorde: so that whosoeuer doeth any worke in the Sabbath daye, shal dye for it.
- wherfore let the childern of Israel kepe the Sabbath, that they obserue it thorowe out their generacions, that it be an appoyntement for euer.
- For it shalbe a sygne betwene me, and the childern of Israel for euer. For in sixe dayes the Lorde made heauen and erth, and the seuenth daye he rested and was refresshed.
- And whe he had made an end of comening with Moses vppon the mounte Sinai, he gaue him two tables of witnesse: which were of stone and written with the finger of God.
The sabbath beside that it served to come and hear the word of God and to seek his will and to offer and reconcile themselves unto God, it was a sign unto them also and did put them in remembrance that it was God that sanctified them with his holy spirit and not they themselves with their holy works.